With the Internet of Things (IoT) gradually evolving as the subsequent phase of the evolution of the Internet, it becomes crucial to recognize the various potential domains for application of IoT. Technology plays a vital role in our day to day life since last few decades and somehow we all are depending on it in order to obtain maximum benefit and comfort. Internet of things is such a specified and dignified domain which leads us to the real-world scenarios where each object can perform some task while communicating with some other objects. The world with full of devices, sensors and other objects which will communicate and make human life far better and easier than ever. The fact that IoT is so expansive and affects practically all areas of our lives, makes it a significant research topic for studies in various related fields such as information technology and computer science. Thus, IoT is paving the way for new dimensions of research to be carried out. This paper presents the recent development of IoT technologies and discusses its future applications. The main purpose of this paper is to provide all the latest technologies, their corresponding trends and details in the field of IoT. It will be helpful for further research.
Cite this article:
Goldi Soni, Anil Kumar Tiwari. Recent Development and Applications of Internet of Things in Research. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2020;11(2):49-52. doi: 10.5958/2321-581X.2020.00009.4
Goldi Soni, Anil Kumar Tiwari. Recent Development and Applications of Internet of Things in Research. Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2020;11(2):49-52. doi: 10.5958/2321-581X.2020.00009.4 Available on: https://www.ijersonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-2-5
1. G. Gardašević et al., “The IoT Architectural Framework, Design Issues and Application Domains,” Wirel. Pers. Commun., vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 127–148, Jan. 2017, doi: 10.1007/s11277-016-3842-3.
2. I. Radusinovic and S. Tomovic, “The IoT Architectural Framework, Design Issues and Application Domains,” IoT Archit. Fram. Des. Issues Appl. Domains Gordana, pp. 127–148, 2017, doi: 10.1007/s11277-016-3842-3.
3. A. R. H. Hussein, “Internet of Things (IOT): Research challenges and future applications,” Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl., vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 77–82, 2019, doi: 10.14569/ijacsa.2019.0100611.
4. P. P. Ray, “A survey on Internet of Things architectures,” J. King Saud Univ. - Comput. Inf. Sci., vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 291–319, 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.jksuci.2016.10.003.
5. K.K.Goyal , A. Garg, A. Rastogi, A. Singhal," A Literature Survey on Internet of Things, "Int. J. Advanced Networking and Applications, vol. 09, Issue. 06, 2018, pp 3663-3668.
6. A.H.Hussein, “Internet of Things (IoT) Research Challenges and Future Applications, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 10, No. 6, 2019,pp. 77-82".
7. M.T. Reddy and R.K. Mohan, "Applications of IoT: A Study", International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, 2017, pp.86-87.